zuuka Comics, developer of the Cut The Rope digital comic engine, announced today the launch of Issues No. 4-6 of Don Bluth's Dragon's Lair Comic series.
(May 10, 2012- Santa Barbara, California)- zuuka Comics, developer of the Cut The Rope digital comic engine, announced today the launch of Issues No. 4-6 of Don Bluth's Dragon's Lair Comic series. Based on the original classic arcade game released in 1983, the first-ever digital release of Don Bluth's Dragon's Lair Comic is available for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch on the App Store.
* In Issue No. 4, Dirk the Daring has one day left to save Princess Daphne from the clutches of the the deadly dragon Singe and while there may not be snakes, hydras and zombies, there's pits of boiling lava standing in his way. Oh, and threatening mud men too.
* Issue No. 5 sees Dirk going further into the Dark Kingdom, making it almost impossible for Halvern and Leraene to track him. And with the duo finally loosing complete sight of him, Dirk's adventures are only beginning... including trying to make it past a flaming pit of fire and clever little goons who want nothing more than for Dirk to fall into the flames.
* Unearthing a giant cavern full of gold, Issue No. 6 has Dirk praising the saints until he notices the deadly dragon and captured Princess Daphne. Will Dirk free the princess from the evil dragon or tempt fait too far and meet his doom? Lead on, adventurer... your quest awaits.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 31.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Don Bluth's Dragon's Lair Comic App is available for free from the App Store on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Issue No. 1 is free, and issues No. 2-6 are available for $1.99 each through In-App Purchase.
zuuka publishes zuuka Comics, iTalk and iStoryTime - an interactive storytelling experience delivered to the convenience of your mobile device - which features a series of illustrated and narrated books created by parents for kids. iStoryTime books have been highlighted in the New York Times, LA Times, CBS Early Show, theiPhoneMom, CNET and is decorated with Publisher's Innovation Award, PTPA Media's Parent Tested Parent Approved Seal of Approval, the Children's Technology Review's Editor's Choice Award and Reader's Choice for Best Apps for Kids. With over 100 titles to choose from including favorites such as Kung Fu Panda, Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon, Peter Pan and Binky the Pink Elephant, iStoryTime books are an excellent tool for both educating and entertaining children ages two years and up. These storybooks can be enjoyed in several different modes ranging from automatic to manual, depending upon the development and preferences of the user. Copyright (C) 2012 zuuka. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Source: Press Release
Written or Contributed by: Jude Terror
Our friends at Nix Comics are sponsoring The Outhouse this week. Show them you appreciate it by checking out their comics. One dollar from every Nix Comics sold this month will go to Kirby-4-Heroes.
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!
About the Author - Jude Terror
Jude Terror is the Webmaster Supreme of The Outhouse and a sarcastic ace reporter dedicated to delivering irreverent comics and entertainment news to The Outhouse's dozens of loyal readers. Driven by a quest for vengeance, Jude Terror taught himself to program and joined The Outhouse. He instantly began working toward his goal of forcing the internet comics community to take itself less seriously and failing miserably. Ironically, our webmaster, whose website skills know no end, has very little understanding of social networks or how they work. Regardless, you can find him on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr, but would probably have the most luck just emailing him.
More articles from Jude Terror