- on Tuesday, July 10 2012 and posted in News and Satire
Wait for it... wait for it... It's the closest we're likely to get to a Marvel Comics Batman!
He represents the duality inherent in all men.
He wears the mask we all use to show the world the person they want to see, and hide the monster within.
He is a talented detective with few peers.
He is a trained martial artist.He is an avenging angel that brings the guilty to justice.
C'mon people, it's in the title of the article.
Through the years, Marvel Comics has attempted to capture the popularity of DC's Batman with pale imitations in the form of Nighthawk, Night Thrasher, and Moon Knight. While these characters all met with various levels of success (i.e. cancellation), Marvel now takes its boldest step in capturing the audience meant for the Dark Knight.
In an interview with a highly placed Marvel official (although it was probably a hallucination brought on when I injected myself accidentally with hepatitis laden blood), this reporter was told, "There is no secret as to why Batman has not been on television in a live-action form for the past 6 years, and that reason is Dexter. They [WB] know that Dexter is so similar a character in every way that a show on Batman would simply be redundant. That's why they took the coward's route and put him on the big screen instead."
But now the milieu that Batman has dominated since 1939 will no longer be a safe haven. No longer will Batman be able to hide within the comforts of his 4-color Batcave with the debut of the Dexter Comic. So get your plastic wrap ready, sharpen your knives, and get your favorite syringe loaded up with M99, true believers, because this 5 issue limited series is sure to give readers new insights regarding the dark (passenger, that is).
Here's the solicitation:
Dexter #1 (of 5)
Written by JEFF LINDSAY
Penciled and Inked by DALIBOR TALAJIC
COVER BY TBD
Variant Cover by TBA
• Dexter Morgan is not just an above-average forensic blood spatter expert. He's also Miami's friendly neighborhood crime-fighting serial killer!
• But Dexter's "killing" streak gets put on hold, as he find himself trapped in a sticky situation – his high school reunion!
• The Skid Row Slasher, Miami's newest serial killer, is racking up quite the body count. The rookie is giving good ol' Dexter a run for his money.
• And Dexter's problems are only beginning to multiply as his Dark Passenger, Dexter's inner voice, screams for a little murderous fun to feed the need!
32 PGS./Rated Parental Advisory ...$3.99
Copyright © by Jeff Lindsay. All rights reserved.
Written or Contributed by: Doc Jon
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters are not welcome here. Thanks!