With Comic Con International officially beginning in just mere hours, Netherealm Studios has given us our first real taste of videogame news with these reveals.
Source: Comic Book Movie
For the past couple of years, Marvel (in conjunction with Capcom) has left its' mark on SDCC with gigantic information blowouts on both Marvel vs. Capcom 3 games. This year however, they will almost certainly take a back seat as Netherealm Studios' "Injustice: Gods among Us" will almost surely be the game that attracts the most eyes, and the extravaganza began yesterday with the reveals of both Nightwing and Cyborg as playable characters. Of course, with the convention in its infancy details are still forthcoming, but from what has been said, here is what you can expect from both characters' gameplay wise.
- Signature Acrobatic style will be a part of Nightwing's gameplay.
- Possesses two fighting styles in conjunction with how Weapons are formed (he can choose between Escra Sticks and a Bow Staff)
- Fighting Techniques include Projectiles, a Kick that allows him to transverse from ground to air in an offensive manner.
- Nightwing can also use the environment to either escape a characters' assault, or to launch one by hanging from the ledges of said objects.
- Projectiles will be a huge part of his play style, as he was shown to have a variety of those techniques.
- In addition, it has been said that his projectiles will properly display the "High, Middle, Low" aspects the game sports.
- Ed Boon also said that Cyborg will have one of, if not the biggest special move list in the game.
- Unlike Nightwing, Cyborg will use the environments to attack in a more direct manner.
The presentation also went into more detail about how the environments would be used in gameplay, along with showing off the Wager System and the Super Moves that Nightwing and Cyborg (plus Superman and The Flash) will possess. The presentation ended with Ed Boon saying that the game would be presented throughout the actual convention.
Here is the video of the presenation via way of Gamespot
Bonus Time: "Injustice: Gods Among Us" also had a 15 minute presentation at the 2012 Evolution World Fighting Game Championships. Here is the video via way of IGN Entertainment.
Written or Contributed by: Linwood Earl Knight