So now that Book 1 is in the can, what do creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko have up their sleeves for Book 2? At the SDCC Korra panel we found out exactly that!!
The two creators with voice director Andrea Romano headed the panel along with voice actors for the show: Janet Varney (Korra), P.J. Byrne (Bolin), David Faustino (Mako), and Seychelle Gabriel (Asami). The panel started with a live reading with the voice cast from various portions of Book One (both humrous and dramatic moments).
Then DiMartino and Konietzko started to talk about what Book 2 would be about showcasing concept art while discussing it:
- The Korrang will travel to the Southern Water Tribe.
- Korra will travel through a storm to find a glowing iceberg. Possibly Spirit world related? The ice cave looks very reminiscent to the iceberg Aang was trapped in at the start of Avatar.
- Concept art of now more aged Southern Air Temple was shown.
- Book 2 will explore the Spirit World and how the "Avatar" lineage began. Korra will FINALLY travel into the spirit world. Konietzko then hinted that there may be episodes later in the season dedicated exploring just the Spirit World.
- New costumes for everyone! Korra will have new threads inspired by Mandarin, asymmetrical fashion. Mako and Bolin will get big, fluffy coats for the frozen tundra that maintain their color coordination.
- Asami will now be the head of her dad corporation, Future Industries, so she'' have a more corporate look. Of course she has an alternate costume, a look that makes her reminscent of Amelia Earhart.
- Book 2 will bump up the scene stealer of Book One's finale, Bumi, to being a regular cast member
- The final of member of Aang's kids, Kya, will also be a regular player for Book 2. They dubbed a hippie by "Konietzko," Kya's big into healing.
- Korra's expanded family will be introduced.
- Book 2 will be called "Spirits" and will take place six months after the events of Book 1.
Written or Contributed by: Zechs
You Might Also Like:
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!
About the Author - Zechs
Zechs is the lord and master of The Toy Shed, Character Spotlight, and Cartoon Reviews. He's also an aspiring comic book writer trying to get some of his works published on the Outhouse. If there's any greater quality to Zechs, it's that he's an avid fan of comic book characters and would defend them to the bitter end against the companies that use them wrongly. Zechs walks the lonely path in Chicagoland area.
More articles from Zechs