Check out these highlights from the Walking Dead TV Show panel at San Diego Comic Con today! Here be spoilers!
Andrew Lincoln (Rick - former cop, leader), Norman Reedus (Daryl - redneck, badass), Laurie Hilden (Andrea - tough chick, dumbass), Steven Yeun (Glenn - former pizza delivery guy, scavenger), Lauren Cohen (Maggie - hot), Dania Gurira (Michonne - complete badass, carries a sword), David Morrissey (The Governor - sick bastard), and Sarah Wayne Callies (Lori - a Cunt) were on hand from the cast, as well as showrunner Glen Mazzara and executive producers Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Dave Alpert, and Greg Nicotero. The panel was moderated by Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick.
There may be spoilers below for those who are very far behind on the comics.
Here are the highlights:
- The show's pacing will be much faster in Season 3. In response to complaints about the scarcity of actual zombies on the zombie show for most of Season 2, Hardwick promised lots of hot zombie action starting out with the intensity of the end of Season 2 and continuing throughout the season.
- Zombie muppets?! Sorry, I misheard. There will be some animatronic puppets and other special effects in Season 3.
- We will see iconic moments from the comic in Episode 6, possibly involving Michonne and the Governor. The show will remain true to the comic in allowing horrible things to happen to the characters, "keeping it raw." Hopefully these two statements together do not indicate that we will be seeing the horrific rape scene from the comics between Michonne and The Governor, as it was possibly the most horrific moment ever depicted in comics not written by Alan Moore.
- A clip was shown from Season 3 - CinemaBlend described the clip in detail:
Michonne using her sword, a helicopter takes flight (and is in trouble). Beth's singing around the fire. Walkers at the prison. Maggie screams (gives me chills!) Rick says "We have to go in there. Hand to hand. This prison is ours." Cut to inside the prison. Seems like they found a secure cell block. Shot of Andrea inside somewhere with Michonne. Scary scenes in the dark through prison corridors, trying to get past walkers. "You're not prisoners here, you're guests," The Governor (I think). "Welcome to Woodbury." Andrea telling him about the others. Implied stand-off between Rick and the Governor. "Fight the Dead. Fear the Living," the text reads. Ends with Rick firing a gun. And then goes back for one image. Merl!
- Andrea will remain separated from the group for a while and befriend Michonne.
- Glenn will finally man up in his relationship with Maggie.
- Lincoln read apocalyptic Nobel prize winning novel The Road to help prepare his character for Season 3. He takes inspiration from the book for Rick's portrayal in the season. Rick will realize he needs other people to survive.
Written or Contributed by: Jude Terror