We've got some highlights from the True Blood panel at San Diego Comic Con, as well as a trialer for the latter half of Season 5!
Source: Hero Complex
The cast of HBO's sexy vampire drama True Blood gathered at San Diego Comic Tonight to give showrunner Alan Ball, who will be leaving in that capacity after this season, though he is staying on as an executive producer, a comic con sendoff. They also showed a trailer for the second half of this season, and talked with fans. Here are some of the highlights:
- The trailer indicates Alcide will accept the role of packmaster.
- Russell Edgington will wreak havoc, which tells us he survives the encounter with Bill and Erik that was about to start in last week's cliffhanger ending.
- Bill seems to be glamouring Sookie in the trailer (telling her to forget him and Erik and live a normal life), which both tells us he survives the encounter, and also hints that Sookie might be losing or giving up her fairy powers, as she talks about in the trailer. He is also shown naked in bed with her, biting her. Mmmmm.
- Vampires appear to go to war with humans in the trailer, or at least Christopher Meloni's Guardian of the Authority said so.
- After the trailer ended, Christopher Meloni talked about the difference between True Blood and Law and Order SVU, joking that the definition of sex crime might be very different in the True Blood universe. He said that he wasn't against returning to SVU for the series finale.
- We will learn more about the Stackhouse family, in particular Sookie and Jason's parents and what happened to them.
- Alan Ball said here will be three new romances this season, and "lots of sex scenes" that will satisfy "all tastes." Clearly Alan Ball hasn't met some of the perverts on the Outhouse message boards, who would be happy to take him up on that offer.
- Joe Manganiello (Alcide, also has a role in Magic Mike), Rutina Wesley (Tara), and Alan Ball all showed off their best stripper moves for the crowd.
- Manganiello promised that Alcide would "sexually eviscerate another cast member." Yikes!
- Alexander Skarsgard (Erik) answered a fan question about taking a role in the film adaptation of the horiffic Twilight fan-fic turned popular women's novel 50 Shades of Grey (he has not actually been cast... yet).
Here's the trailer:
Written or Contributed by: Jude Terror
The Outhouse is sponsored this week by Late Nite Draw. Recently featured on ComicsAlliances' Best Art Ever, he is a Chicago-based commissioned artist with a self-published Digital+Print one-shot coming out in October about the abominable snowman called ABOBAMANIMABBLE, and is also available for commissions. Check out some amazing art by clicking here or by clicking the banner at the top, and support the people who support The Outhouse.
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!
About the Author - Jude Terror
Jude Terror is the Webmaster Supreme of The Outhouse and a sarcastic ace reporter dedicated to delivering irreverent comics and entertainment news to The Outhouse's dozens of loyal readers. Driven by a quest for vengeance, Jude Terror taught himself to program and joined The Outhouse. He instantly began working toward his goal of forcing the internet comics community to take itself less seriously and failing miserably. Ironically, our webmaster, whose website skills know no end, has very little understanding of social networks or how they work. Regardless, you can find him on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr, but would probably have the most luck just emailing him.
More articles from Jude Terror