Check out these highlights from the Marvel Digital Panel!
Marvel Digital House of Ideas Panel Highlights:
- Marvel has released a Marvel Events App, which will be streaming at the Marvel booth during NYCC. It will also be viewable on Facebook, Ustream and Marvel.com.
- Marvel also announced the Digital Comics Unlimited Plan. For $10 a month or $60 a year, subscribers can read 10,000 of Marvel's comics online.
- The Marvel Comics app has 3,000 issues. Some issues are available day and date digital and Marvel will be adding collected editions as well. The Marvel app is now also available on Android.
- Avenging Spider-Man #1 will come with a free digital code. Marvel plans on adding a digital code to all of their $3.99 books. Each issue will come with a code for retailers which allows customers to enter the name of their shop to give retailers a $0.50 refund per issue. Marvel noted that this was the most any company has ever given back to retailers.
- The panel also mentioned Marvel's presence on Facebook, Twitter, GetGlue and YouTube as well as all the content on Marvel.com. They mentioned that just as Stan Lee tried to make Marvel closer to fans, Marvel was reaching out to their fans via social media.
Written or Contributed by: Royal Nonesuch
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!
About the Author - Christian Hoffer
Christian Hoffer is the exasperated Abbott to the Outhouse's Costello. When he's not yelling at the Newsroom for upsetting readers or complaining to his wife about why the Internet is stupid, he sits in his dingy business office trying to find new ways to make the site earn money. Hoffer is also the only person in history stupid enough to moderate two comic book forums at once.
More articles from Christian Hoffer