Highlights from the Image Comics panel at NYCC!
The Image Comics Show took place at NYCC today. Here are some highlights from the panel!
- The show begins with a discussion of Joshua Fialkov's Echoes and The Last of the Greats and showed off the covers to the second issues of both books.
- The Strange Talent of Luther Strode was then discussed and will be initially a six issue miniseries.
- Xenoholics is planned for twenty issues.
- Blair Butler introduced Heart which is a limited series about a MMA fighter that works his way up the ranks of the MMA hierachy.
- Lovestruck was then featured and is about Cupid as a corporation.
- The Danger Club is a series about what happens when superheores leave earth and leave their teenaged sidekicks in charge. The creator of the book likened it to Lord of the Flies.
- Alpha Girl is a series about a virus that turns women into man eating zombies and follows a seventeen year old girl that is immune.
- Captain Brooklyn follows a guy who is in a living hell and gains powers from teh Gowanus Canal. The book will be released in May.
- Other announcements include Epic Kill, The Bulletproof Coffin: Disinterested, and Joshua Luna's single issue debut.
- The question and answer session that followed revealed some answers as to why books at Image end up being late. Surprisingly, none of the reasons given had to do with laziness.
- The panel also discussed the advantages and disadvantages of releasing a book as a single floppy against releasing it as a graphic novel.
Written or Contributed by: Linwood Earl Knight