Here are some highlights from the DC All Access: Justice League panel at NYCC!
The DC All Access: Justice League panel took place today at NYCC. Panelists included Brian Azzarello, Cliff Chiang, Brian Buccellato, Francis Manapul, Yildiray Cinar, Tony Daniel, Geoff Johns, Dan Jurgens, J.T. Krul, Jim Lee, Joe Prado and Rod Reis, Eric Wallace and Ann Nocenti.
- The Flash will appear in Justice League #2 to bail Hal Jordan out of his fight with Superman. Apperantly, Hal Jordan is worthless no matter what title he appears in.
- Geoff Johns described Darkseid as the greatest villain in DC and that his take was a bit different than the traditional take on the series.
- We will see how Aquaman handles himself in a desert and that the second arc of Aquaman will feature Aquaman and Mera searching for the person responsible for sinking Atlantis.
- Manapul and Buccellato mentioned that they wanted to bring a lot of energy to The Flash series. Art from the series revealed that no one could touch Barry Allen.
- J.T. Krul said he drew more from the Cary Bates stories of Captain Atom than from Dr. Manhattan.
- Ann Nocenti joked about being the token female at DC and that her take on Green Arrow would beef up the character's rogues and introduce a new Typhoid Mary type villain/girlfriend.
- Dan Jurgens said that Booster's memories from Flashpoint are relatively intact but he might not be able to consiously access them.
- Geoff Johns will be writing a back up story in Justice League called the Curse of Shazam. Gary Frank will provide art.
- Ryan Choi is the Atom, Ray Palmer will continue to appear in Frankenstein.
- Geoff Johns explained that Cyborg was more relevant now due to the world's connectivity to the Internet.
- Jim Lee defended Starfire's new portrayal and explained that Scott Lobdell had a full story arc planned for the character. Whether that story arc will feature Starfire's quest to share a bed with every organism on this planet was not revealed.
Written or Contributed by: Christian Hoffer
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters are not welcome here. Thanks!