A recap of the first DC panel of SDCC 2012!
Here's a recap of some of the juicy tidbits coming in from DC: Tales of the Dark and the Edge panel.
- Frankenstein will be joining the cast of Justice League Dark. In addition, Frankenstein will also tie into the Rotworld crossover featured in Animal Man and Swamp Thing. Finally, Frankenstein will also begin appearing regularly in the Animal Man series.
- Jeff Lemire added that he and other writers were unsure whether the DCnU would last.
- Clowns will be involved in the next arc of All-Star Western. Some, if not all, of these clowns will be killed by Jonah Hex.
- Brent Anderson became involved with Phantom Stranger because he jokingly told Dan Didio he loved to draw hats. A few months, later Didio contacted him about drawing the new series.
- I, Vampire #0 will be set in 1951 and will discuss Andrew Bennett's origin.
- Tim Hunter, from Neil Gaiman's Books of Magic, will be appearing in Justice League Dark.
- Rob Liefeld stated that Hawkman #0 will set up an event that will make Carter Hall "wanted throughout the universe".
- Liefeld also hinted at a new WildCATS title, noting that Voodoo would be appearing in his Grifter series.
- An upcoming arc of Frankenstein will focus on the people whose parts Frankenstein is composed of.
- Amethyst will also be joining Justice League Dark, at least for an arc. It might not turn out well.
- The Question, although not necessarily Renee Montoya, has already appeared in the DCnU, said Bob Wayne. However, fans might not realize who the character is. When asked about Renee Montoya, Wayne said he was not able to comment on the character.
Written or Contributed by: ThanosCopter
The Outhouse is sponsored by Cinema Crazed: Celebrating Film Culture & Pop Culture.
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!
About the Author - ThanosCopter
ThanosCopter is a specially designed helicopter built to transport Thanos the Mad Titan. Built by Sterling Custom Helicopters, ThanosCopter appeared in several Marvel comics, before being abandoned by its owner during the character's ascension into major villainy. ThanosCopter was discovered by the Outhouse and given a second chance at life. He now buzzes merrily around the comic book industry, spreading snark, satire and humor like candy to small children.
More articles from ThanosCopter