A look at Batman news straight from SDCC.
Here's some highlights from DC's Batman: Beyond Night of the Owls panel, straight from SDCC. Thanks to Newsarama, who helped to suppliment this report.
- Scott Snyder opened the panel up by implying that Batman could beat both the Avengers and the X-Men. No word on how much prep time was needed.
- Snyder and James Tynion IV spoke about the origins of Talon, the new Night of the Owls spinoff. Snyder stated that he was skeptical about the idea of a spinoff until Tynion pitched him the series. Snyder, a former teacher of Tynion, will be co-plotting the series.
- DC gave out Owl masks to the crowd. Expect those to hit eBay on Monday.
- Snyder confirmed that he worked with Tony Daniel to coordinate the Joker's face being cut off in Detective Comics #1 and that it had always been planned for Snyder to follow up with it in Batman.
- Snyder stated that the upcoming Joker story was an examination of what made the Joker such a unique villain. He notes that Joker will be punishing the Batman for "forgetting" about him and will be going after the entire Bat-Family. He also states that the Joker story will be the "biggest, craziest and most twisted story we could possibly do."
- Nightwing #0 will focus on Dick Grayson's decision to become Robin. Then, Nightwing #13 will introduce Lady Shiva to the New 52.
- Ed Benes will be joining Batgirl as the regular artist starting with issue #13.
- Batman: The Dark Knight #0 will focus on Joe Chill.
- Wonder Woman will be present throughout the entire second arc of Batwoman, not just one issue.
- John Layman's Detective Comics run will feature mainly single issue stories and cases. He's both "thrilled and terrified" to write Batman.
- The first story arc in Detective Comics will feature Penguin. Layman notes, however, that it's not entirely a Penguin story.
Written or Contributed by: ThanosCopter
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters are not welcome here. Thanks!