Highlights from the DC panel focusing on its new wave of comics.
Here's a rundown of DC's New Wave panel, which took place on Day 3 of Comic-Con. The panel was attended by Dan DiDio, Bobbie Chase, Rachel Gluckstern, Mike Marts, Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV and Tony Bedard.
- Regarding Talon, Tynion said that the series' protagonist Calvin Rose was an escape artist and would tie in a lot of Scott Snyder's ideas about the Court of Owl's mythology. Snyder likened the title to The DaVinci Code.
- Phantom Stranger would featuring him interacting with a character fans would recgonize from the old DC universe, as well as Trigon and Pandora.
- Team 7 will take place in the past but will affect the present.
- Sword of Sorcery will fill the "high fantasy niche" currently unfilled by the DCnU (what the hell is Demon Knights then?). The series is highly influenced by stories like Conan and Game of Thrones. Rachel Gluckstern reminded fans that the original series started off with trolls trying to sexually assault Amethyst, so that the series being "darker in tone" wasn't too far off from its original incarnation.
- No plans for Superboy-Prime.
- Phantom Stranger will feature Doctor 13 and will eventually crossover into All-Star Western.
- SDCC Batgirl (the same one who verbally harassed Didio during multiple panels at last year's convention and ended up becoming the Helen of Troy for a million Internet White Knights) thanked Didio for bringing more women creators into the DCnU, but stated that the company had more work to do. She then asked Didio about Stephanie Brown, who confirmed that the character would not appear in Smallville.
- Didio said that DC Relaunch's greatest accomplishments thus far were Animal Man and Swamp Thing.
- Much of the Justice League International will not be popping up in other times after the series ends due to most of the characters dying, quitting or being otherwise out of commission.
- Tim Drake will begin to have a larger role in the Batman books, especially during the Joker storyline.
Written or Contributed by: ThanosCopter
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters are not welcome here. Thanks!