Adult Swim has released Toonami's schedule. Plus Jason DeMarco, VP of strategic marketing for Cartoon Network and Adult Swim, talks of what you can expect for this new Toonami.
The Toonami schedule will be the following as shown on their site:
Now Jason DeMarco said on his twitter about Toonami:
- So: New Toonami! First things first. For now, that IS the schedule. I know I said we wouldn't tell you, but the higher ups changed that.
- We will not be showing Naruto, DBZ, etc for now. The rights to those shows are owned by our competition or are out of our price range.
- SPEAKING OF WHICH: Something you should know about THIS Toonami: We have very,very little $. This experiment will need ratings success..
- ..to receive more funding for new shows, more Tom animation, etc. I'm thankful for the $ we've gotten, but it isn't a lot.
- TOM: Will be voiced as always by Steve Blum. Who is doing it for love. Just like we are. Tom will be an updated hi-res version of Tom 3.0.
- The Absolution will be a slightly different but almost identical version of the one from the Tom 3.0 era as well.
- There will be no SARA for now. She costs too much to make. But if we can bring her back, we sure will.
- We will try to have some new content each week- game reviews, music videos, content pieces etc. As much as we can afford and make.
- Music: Music will come from a number of places: Ghostly, Warp Records, Victory Records, Now Again records, as well as...
- ..friends of ours like @therealelp, @flyinglotus, Chris Devoe, Ben Burton, and many others. No, we won't be using JBV.
- Peter Cullen will NOT be the voice of the promos. He's busy with Transformers and Eeyore and doesn't do many promos. Love you Peter!
- Lastly, just want to say thank you to all who have supported and brought it back. If you can KEEP supporting us, we will have more $...
- That's it for now! I will answer GOOD questions for the rest of today. Fire away if you're not stupid. If you are... shhhhhh
Written or Contributed by: Zechs