Not wanting to be left out of the festivities, the home of "Witchblade" is using this weekend's massive stage to get people hyped about the future. Let's take a look into what Marc Silvestri's company has in store for us in the upcoming months.
With Image making headlines in many different ways, it's sometimes easy to forget that Top Cow Is one of the 5 partner Imprints that make up said company as a whole. However, being the home of one Image's most successful mass media properties in "Witchblade" means that Top Cow has can never be truly ignored. Let's take a look and see what one of the more proficient companies in getting its products seen beyond the comics has in store for us in the upcoming months.
The "Top Cow Productions" Panelists consist of
Marc Silvestri (CEO of Top Cow Productions and Co-Creator of "Witchblade")
Filip Sablik (Publisher of Top Cow)
Matt Hawkins (President of Top Cow)
Joshua Hale Filakov (Creator of "The Test")
Jeremy Haun (Artist of "Artifacts" and Creator of "Beautiful")
Tim Seeley (Writer of "Witchblade")
- Top Cow kicks things off with a blowout centered on the future of the "The Darkness" as news of the future video game and possible movie project in the works. Hawkins would also wish the new creative team of the comic in Artist Jeremy Haun and still unrevealed writer well, predicting a nice long run for them. Finally, the panel also shed light on the fact that the title would also be getting a ComiXology app.
- The next part of the panel was a "Pilot Season" expose where we learned of all of the projects coming under that branding for 2011.
- Starting off the part of the panel was Joshua Hale selling the audience on his title "The Test"
- Jeremy Haun would then go into his title "The Beauty" which is centered on an STD that makes you gorgeous. Matt Hawkins would hype the title even further by asking the question. Would you give up a significant portion of your life to make yourself more attractive?
- Later in this part of the presentation Lance Briggs from the Chicago Bears joins the panel to promote his Pilot Season comic, which is going to be about "Heaven's greatest solider" and will be co-written with Phil Hester.
- Other titles announced would include "Flesh Digger", "Pilot Season: City of Refuge" by Morgan Davis Foehl and Dennis Calero, and "Pilot Season: Theory of Everything."
- It was also confirmed that Previous winners "Genius" and "39 Minutes" will be coming in early 2012.
- A Hardcover to the series "Echoes" is available to con-goers as we speak and one of the panelists spoke on how well it was reviewed this year.
- Heroes and Villains Entertainment joins the panel and starts promoting their works, which include "Epoch", "Son of Merlin" and "Netherworld." They also confirmed that movie for "Tracker" was also in the works.
- "Artifacts" is the next project featured and we get news that it's becoming an ongoing with the creative team of Ron Marz and Stjepan Sejic.
- Tim Seeley the new writer for "Witchblade" informs the panel that said series would not be a part of the Top Cow Universe for a reason which be revealed in the story.
- "Mysterious Ways" and "Sunset" would also be spotlighted very briefly
- Russ Cundiff woud join the panel to talk about "Killionaire", a title that would feature them of having your every wish come true, but you would be haunted by the price constantly.
- The Final Project that would be highlighted "September Mourning" which plans to be a multi-media universe that the fans will have control over with Webisodes and I-Pad apps to go along with the promotion of the series. The panel would end with a trailer of said series.
Source: Top Cow: We Create Excitement Panel Live (Newsarama)
Written or Contributed by: Linwood Earl Knight
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!