Written by IvCNuB4
on Monday, February 10 2014 and posted in Previews
Co-Writer Keith Giffen teases on who or what the future Justice League may .. or may NOT .. be.
Source: DC Blog - Fan News
DC's solicit says:
The Flash is defeated. Green Lantern is in the clutches of Locus, a psychotic teenage girl with the powers of God. And Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman have been banished to a planet-wide penal colony! Will the regenerated (but not-quite-perfectly) Justice Leaguers survive to report back to the Wonder Twins?
Written by: Keith Giffen, JM DeMatteis
Art & Cover by: Howard Porter
On sale: February 12, 2014
“They’re not clones” claims Keith Giffen in a recent interview with Newsarama
. Despite references to “regeneration” and “templates” in the first two issues of this new title, Giffen claims things are not nearly as obvious as they may appear. And Giffen slyly points out that in his initial interviews for this title (before it even went on sale) he said that he would mislead readers for several issues to keep the mystery alive.
Giffen does provide some new teases:
- Although these new Justice Leaguers have partial memories of their 21st century lives there is a reason that they all act out-of-character to their earlier incarnations. There is a reason that they have no emotional connection to these original memories.
- This Flash, also called “Barry”, has red hair but he’s not related to Wally.
- Giffen promises that answers will start coming soon. Very soon.
- Something bad happened to the Earth between the 21st century and the 31st century that plays into events in this title.
- Despite the events of issue #2, we haven’t seen the last of Green Lantern.
And now for the preview
Support our sponsors:
We get it. You don't feel like signing up for an Outhouse account, even though it's FREE and EASY! That's okay. You can comment with your Facebook account below and we'll take care of adding it to the stream above. But you really should consider getting a full Outhouse account, which will allow you to quote posts, choose an avatar and sig, and comment on our forums too. If that sounds good to you, sign up for an Outhouse account by clicking here.
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!