Hasbro confirms what we broke on Thursday: Marvel Universe and Marvel Legends will be ending at the end of the year. HOWEVER, also confirmed is the lines will just be rebranded and renamed. 3.75" figures will be now in Avengers line for 2014 and the 6" figures will be in assortment of waves based around the movies coming out next year (Amazing Spider-Man, Captain America, and Guardians of the Galaxy).
- Slides are shown of the current Marvel Universe Wave out now (Captain America, Mysterio, Rhino, and Elektra). The next wave: Abomination (with A-Bomb variant), Black & White Iron Man, Baron Zemo, and Cloak/Dagger (unknown which will be the common and the variants of the pair).
The final wave of Marvel Universe figures are shown: Northstar/Aurora (again unknown which will be the common or variant of the pair), X-Force Nightcrawler, Black Knight, and Omega Red. Not a single word on the Death-Head figure teased last year.
The final wave of Marvel Universe three-packs are shown: the Uncanny X-Men (Colossus with Juggernaut powers, Emma Frost, and Cyclops) and Asgard (Valkyrie, Thor, and Executioner).
Teaser for Avengers line in 2014 is shown. The first two known figures for the line will be Grim Reaper and Hyperion. It is said at the panel the later figure is based off a failed mold Hasbro intended to give to Stryfe.
- The next waves of Iron Man 3 combiners are shown along with an Amazon Exclusive pack of Iron Man figures from the various movies and an exclusive Tony Stark figure.
- The first wave of Thor: The Dark World 3.75" figures are shown: Thor, Loki, Dark Elf, another Thor figure, and ????? (which will be revealed tomorrow at the Hasbro booth).
- They move onto Marvel Legends with the about to be released Wolverine Legends Wave (Sabretooth, Cyclops, Wolverine, and Emma Frost). No variants of Phoenix Cyclops or Rogue shown, it appears rumors of cancellation of these variants are confirmed.
Wave 2 of Marvel Legends are shown: Black Panther, Scarlet Spider, Hawkeye (variant classic costume), Wrecker (Bulldozer variant), and Jean Grey (Phoenix variant). No Sentry, Blade, Iron Fist, or Lyra mentioned at all.
Wave 3 will be Thor, Agent Venom, Radioactive Man (Tiger Shark variant), Moonstone (Songbird variant), and Blizzard (Batroc Ze Leaper is the variant). Build-A-Figure for Wave 3 will be Jubilee and Hasbro teases we will be seeing more teen heroes in future waves.
- Captain America: Legends is shown and they include; Captain America (Marvel NOW! costume), Baron Zemo (comic), Red Skull (movie), A.I.M. soldier (movie? That's what Hasbro lists the A.I.M. figure as), and promises a figure of the Winter Soldier (comic). No word what the Build-A-Figure will be other than Hasbro teasing it be also an army builder.
- Amazing Spider-Man Legends figures so far shown and include: Boomerang (comic), Ultimate Beetle (comic), and Black Cat (comic). Build-A-Figure will be Ultimate Green Goblin.
- A teaser for Guardians of the Galaxy Legends is shown and it's a picture of Starlord in his Annihilation costume.
Panel ends. Stayed tuned for further updates for pictures from the panel.
The Outhouse is sponsored this week by Late Nite Draw. Recently featured on ComicsAlliances' Best Art Ever, he is a Chicago-based commissioned artist with a self-published Digital+Print one-shot coming out in October about the abominable snowman called ABOBAMANIMABBLE, and is also available for commissions. Check out some amazing art by clicking here or by clicking the banner at the top, and support the people who support The Outhouse.
You Might Also Like:
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!
About the Author - Zechs
Zechs is the lord and master of The Toy Shed, Character Spotlight, and Cartoon Reviews. He's also an aspiring comic book writer trying to get some of his works published on the Outhouse. If there's any greater quality to Zechs, it's that he's an avid fan of comic book characters and would defend them to the bitter end against the companies that use them wrongly. Zechs walks the lonely path in Chicagoland area.
More articles from Zechs