RU and WIFE retrun with an all new Marvel First Look: All-New X-Men #20.
All-New X-Men #20 Cover
WIFE: What are we looking at here? I need some context.
RU: You are looking at the young Scott Summers (from the past brought to the present) making out with the female clone of Wolverine.
WIFE: Interesting. I admittedly don’t know much about X-Men, but I don’t think those two would like that.
RU: Which two?
WIFE: The real Wolverine and Scott Summers. Am I wrong?
RU: You’re not wrong, But, c’mon, those two have needed to bone for years…according to the feels on tumblr and the rest of the internet.
WIFE: Ok, fair enough…but let’s back this soul train up a little bit.
RU: Before you begin, this is why I was specifically asked to this pRUview with you. OK, go.
WIFE: I have lots of questions here:
- So X-Men are time travelers now?
- Why not only was Wolverine cloned, but why was he cloned into a teenage girl?
- He does not look like he’s very comfortable in that kiss, not really a question, more of a statement.
- Why is her leg up like that? I wouldn’t expect the female Wolverine to be a 1950s schoolgirl.
RU: In order:
- The X-Men have traveled in time before, but NowBeast went back in time to bring the original X-Men to the present (as teenagers) to try and show NowScott Summers what a douche he’s become (his words) by contrast to his younger, less militant self.
- Because, what’s better than having your own super killing machine that you can’t control….and then adding the fun and excitement of a teenage girl.
- It might be his first kiss, at least his first that wasn’t Jean Grey. Well, that, and the claws.
- I don’t know, I kind of like that she has this side to her.
WIFE: All righty then.
All-New X-Men #20 preview page 1:
RU: Do you see what I see?
WIFE: Is this a pillow fight gone awry?
RU: Some boobs, some boobs, center of the page.
WIFE: Oh, good, the dragon is back. Is that the same dragon from the last one we did? I like him.
RU: Yes. Ugh, I tried reading that comic; 'bout stabbed my eyes out.
WIFE: I’m glad you didn’t, your eyes are very pretty.
RU: I know.
RU: Is it me, or does the second to last panel look like its going all: “I’m not looking at Jeans chest”, “I’m pooping”, “You guys are dumb fucks.” and “I’m thinking, look at me think.”?
WIFE: I think I need some wine.
All New X-Men #20 preview page 2
RU: With all the TnA in this book, I’m surprised they didn’t make her “cold.”
WIFE: That’s a fair point. Anatomically speaking, she is in the snow in a tank top. She should be cold.
RU: Of all the times for a comic NOT to do that, they choose the one time it would actually work for the story.
RU & WIFE: IS SHE SNIFFING HIM?!
RU: She does not trust what she smells.
WIFE: Clearly he farted. Look at her face.
All New X-Men #20 preview page 3:
RU: Now strike a pose! VOGUE!
WIFE: What’s with the big ol’ cross?
RU: Jesus, mostly.
WIFE: End scene.
RU: Beyond the big spoiler for Avengers Arena, this looks ok…I guess we’ll find out on 12/15/2013
Wolverine’s Clone Returns In Your First Look At ALL-NEW X-MEN #20!
Marvel is pleased to present your first look at the action-packed All-New X-Men #20, from the blockbuster creative team of Brian Michael Bendis, Brandon Peterson & Mahmud Asrar! There’s a new student at the New Xavier School – and she’s not too happy her new “campus” is housed inside a former Weapon X facility! X-23 wants answers – and she’s not going to ask nicely. But before she gets then, she and the All-New X-Men must face down a heavily armed squad of mutant-hunting Purifiers! And Laura may just find comfort in the arms of one of her new teammates – young Cyclops of the All-New X-Men! It all starts this December in All-New X-Men #20!
ALL-NEW X-MEN #20 (OCT130723)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Art by BRANDON PETERSON & MAHMUD ASRAR
Cover by BRANDON PETERSON
X-Men 50th Anniversary Variant Also Available
FOC 11/25/13, ON-SALE 12/15/13
p(RU)views featuring WIFE: Nova #4, X-Men #1, Avengers #14, Age Of Ultron #10A.I., New Avengers #8, Avengers #8, X-Men: Battle Of The Atom #1, New Avengers #9, Iron Man #15, Thor: God of Thunder #14, Amazing X-Men #1, Night Of The Living Deadpool #1, X-Men Gold #1